Resources for Homeowners Facing Foreclosure
Below are some homeowner resources and foreclosure prevention links you might find useful. The Homeownership Preservation Foundation provides these links as a convenience to homeowners seeking foreclosure resources, and makes no claims or guarantees as to whether these services will be able to help your specific situation.
U.S. DEPARTMENT OF THE TREASURY
President Obama's "Making Home Affordable" Plan
- Making Home Affordable Website
- Detailed Program Description
- Borrower Q & A
- Making Home Affordable Second Lien Program
- Payment Reduction Estimator
Fannie Mae "Home Affordable Refinance" and "Home Affordable Modification"
Freddie Mac "Relief Refinance Mortgage" and "Home Affordable Modification Program"
U.S Department of Housing and Urban Development
HOPE NOW Borrower Assistance Form
Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation
Federal Reserve Board
Federal Trade Commission
- Facts for Consumers - Foreclosure Rescue Scams
- Have You Been Scammed? File a complaint with the FTC
- FTC Video File - Real People, Real Stories; Avoid Foreclosure Rescue Scams Video
File Your Taxes For Free
Annual Credit Report - get yours today!
Foreclosure Prevention at the State Level
- State of California Consumer Home Mortgage Information
- State of California Department of Real Estate-Loan Modification Services
- Florida Housing Information
- Arizona Department of Housing
- Nevada Foreclosure Help
- Illinois Department of Human Services
- Michigan State Housing Development Authority
- Ohio State Foreclosure Prevention Resource
- Texas Foreclosure Prevention Task Force
- Georgia Department of Community Affairs
- Virginia Department of Housing and Community Development Foreclosure Prevention Task Force
We hope you found these homeowner resources helpful. For more detailed information about foreclosure prevention, speak with a counslor at 888-995-HOPE™ for all the foreclosure resources available, based on your specific situation.